Register for the Employment NZ newsletter
Below are some important updates for both employers and employees.
In case you or colleagues haven’t seen our newsletter yet, here is a link to read the latest Employment New Zealand newsletter, which covers the topics below:
- New legislation for workplace vaccine requirements. The Government has announced new legislation outlining workplace vaccination requirements. The legislation will help to take the next step in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
- Can I change an employee’s hours of work? Requirements for your business can change during COVID-19. If you as an employer want to change an employee’s current working arrangements, there are specific requirements that you must follow.
- Closing down over the festive season. Some businesses may close down over the festive season each year. The closedown may affect some or all parts of the business.
- Financial support during COVID-19. Financial support is available for businesses, employers and employees during COVID-19. This includes the Resurgence Support Payment and Wage Subsidy Scheme.
- Bakery owner must pay nearly $300,000. A Dunedin bakery owner has been ordered to pay $299,038 in arrears and penalties after an investigation by the Labour Inspectorate.
If you wish to get the newsletter directly, please click here and subscribe to the Employment New Zealand newsletter.
If you have any queries, suggestions or feedback, please email the Employment Information and Education team via firstname.lastname@example.org